12 Steps to Sexual Freedom
- I admit that too often I lose the battle with lust—and I want help.
- I am entirely ready to have God take over this area of my life and I humbly ask Him to remove my sin.
- I make a decision to turn my will and life over to the care of the God.
- I am replacing bad thoughts and images with good thoughts.
- I have “cleaned house” and closed this chapter of my life.
- I have joined a church that teaches from the Bible and worships God.
- I have admitted to God, to myself, and to another the exact nature of my wrongs.
- I have put on the full armor of God to fight sin in my life like a warrior.
- I take my daily medicine: one Proverb (calendar day = Proverb of the day) and one Psalm every day. Once a month this takes me through the first seven chapters of Proverbs which slams the door on sexual sin.
- I spend at least one minute every day giving my heart to and connecting with my God.
- I am engaged in the battle.
- I am willing to carry this message to other men.
Need help in facing your wife with your porn use? Here is a help: Husbands Who Watch Porn: 12 Ways to Reassure Your Wife